This easy to make recipe is high in protein, low in fat and perfect for workout fuel. Makes enough for one person.
- 1 piece of Chicken Breast
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ a Cucumber
- Shredded Lettuce Leaves (or Baby Spinach)
- Thyme or Mixed Herbs
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- 200g Can of Chickpeas – drained
1. Preheat Grill to 180 degrees. Sprinkle the thyme or mixed herbs on top of the chicken and grill the chicken breast for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
2. Whilst waiting for the chicken to cook, slice the tomatoes in half and cucumber into small chunks and shred the lettuce leaves or baby spinach.
3. Drain the chickpeas, place in a bowl and add 1 desert spoon of salsa and a little bit of the lemon juice, mix well.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, slice into small chunks, and mix with another desert spoon of salsa.
5. Mix all of the ingredients together, add the rest of the lemon juice and serve!
6. Extra salad ingredients such as pepper or sweetcorn can be added if you wish!